“Growing Opportunities for Healthy Neighborhoods”
Ground Works is committed to practicing community development principles that enhance the health of neighborhoods by providing education, leadership, and organization resources for school, business, and nonprofit teaching gardens.
Goal: To impact 5,000 students, their families, schools, and neighborhoods by 2015
Teaching gardens inspire learners:
- to excel academically.
- to explore scientific inquiry.
- to express self through the arts.
- to begin habits for personal and family wellness.
- to practice the skills of being a Great Neighbor.
- to engage in environmental stewardship and sustainability.
A sample of Ground Works partners:
- South Dakota State University Extension
- Sioux Falls Elementary Schools – Lowell, Hayward, Hawthorne, Terry Redlin
- Rural South Dakota Elementary Schools – Lennox, Dell Rapids, Knollwood (Rapid City)
- City of Sioux Falls
- Mixed! Restaurant
- Results Radio
- Sanford and Avera McKennan Health Systems Culinary Departments
- Mary Jo Wegner Arboretum
- Sioux Valley Optimist Club
- Hy Vee/Sioux Falls Group
- Avera McKennan Health System
- Kiwanis Club of Sioux Falls
201 N. Weber Avenue, Suite 201
Sioux Falls, SD 57103
Facebook: GROUND WORKS MIDWEST
Web site: www.groundworks-midwest.com
Rev. Tim Olsen, Executive Director
Cindy Heidelberger Larson,
Director of Communications & Marketing